A tribute and review of great comic book art, and the stories I grew up reading, along with my faith based perspective.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Face of Jesus


This is one of my original drawings of what I believe Jesus Christ looked like.
I created this blog four years ago.  I waited so long to post anything until now because I really did not know how to say what I was feeling about Jesus Christ----the person this blog is dedicated to.  Finally God has given me a clear picture of how to say the things that were locked up in my heart.  One of the most perplexing question millions of people have been asking for ages has been how did Jesus Christ look like?Was Jesus tall, short, long hair or short hair?  Did Jesus have black skin or white?  Did he have blue eyes?Was Christ ugly or handsome?  And how about the popular image of Jesus Christ etched in our minds about Jesus being a tall, long hair, white handsome man?  Is that the real way Jesus looked like?

As an artist and Christian, I have seen thousands of images of Jesus Christ--most depict him as the aforementioned description.  There have been many forensic scientists  trying to answer this same question including producing television specials. What is my take on the whole thing and what do I think Jesus looked like?  To me Jesus was a very compassionate, loving, humble and a sacrificial king.  I believe that we, the entire world, collectively came to the same conclusion through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that Jesus Christ INDEED looked like he is popularly depicted.  I believe that he did have a beard and long hair.  As evidence by his spirit, Jesus Christ was the most beautiful person that ever lived!

No comments: